1) Best Quality
2) Best Value
3) Best Customer Service and Care
We seriously didn’t know where to start. Each one of the products was very neatly packed and without exception it looked fresh and very lean ( a big tick in this house) We decided to try the steaks this weekend and made our Hot and Sour Beef ( see the recipe later) the meat was tender and juicy and packed full of flavour, you could tell it had been aged. The other great thing about Live Lean products is you know where its come from this particular steak is guaranteed free range.
Now for the good news…
We’re giving away an 82 piece Live Lean meat hamper to one lucky reader. Entering is simple, you just need to follow the instructions carefully and read the terms and conditions to enter. The prize will be drawn on November 24th at 10:00am.
In the hamper we received were some delicious aged rump steaks, why not try our recipe for Hot and Sour Steak its delicious on a chilly day !
- 200g rump steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tsp of cornflour
- A glug of rice wine vinegar
- A splash of light soy sauce
- A pinch of freshly milled black pepper
- A splash of rice wine or sake
- A glug of peanut oil
- A finger of ginger, shredded
- 1 birds eye chilli, finely chopped ( de-seed if you don’t want spicy)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- A pinch of sugar
- A handful of mizuna leaves
- An inch of mooli finely sliced
- A handful of sugar snap peas
- A handful of tender stem broccoli
- Firstly, prepare the beef and place in a mixing bowl, add the other ingredients starting with the cornflour, this is to tenderise the beef and add it as a thickening agent.
- Coat the beef evenly, then add the rice wine vinegar, soy, pepper and rice wine. Leave for an hour covered and prepare the other vegetables and aromatics.
- 10 minutes before you are due to cook remove the beef from the fridge and bring back up to room temperature, remove the beef from the marinade, reserving the liquid in another bowl.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and wait until it is just smoking.
- Add the ginger, chilli and garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the beef and stir fry for 2 -3 minutes before adding the vegetables.
- Stir fry the aromatics, beef and vegetables making sure they are combined before adding the marinade.
- Turn the heat down a bit and simmer allowing the sauce to become thickened, rich and aromatic. Serve with boiled rice.